Southport Corridor is easily one of my favorite neighborhoods in Chicago. It is a little pocket of Lake View & offers tons of shopping, restaurants, bars, & activities. I have lived & do most of my business in Southport Corridor, so I consider myself a neighborhood expert. Check out some of my favorite spots below.
- Coda di Volpe – Southern Italian fare from the family behind The Gage. Lovely interiors with a wonderful, impressive menu, & attentive staff – Reservations accepted & encouraged.
- Tuco & Blondie – Come for the instagram wall, stay for the margarita’s & amazing patio (dog friendly). Reservations accepted & encouraged.
- Southport Grocer – Modern, simple, & fun menu. Kitchen set amongst an upscale grocer – but come in early as they close at 3pm. First come, first serve.
- Real Good Juice – Because sometimes you need to be healthy; Real Good Juice offers locally-sourced, organic juices & smoothies. Not only a juice bar, Real Good Juice also offers delicious food & my favorite – No-yo Fro-yo: almond milk based soft-serve. Favorite Flavor?
- The Butcher’s Tap – Looking to escape the Wrigley crowds? The Butcher’s Tap won’t disappoint. HUGE beverage menu & locally sourced food items. Plus it’s two levels & has the cutest patio. First come, first serve.
- Lange’s Lounge – Because I love a good dive bar & you should too! If you want to catch a game but don’t want to wait endlessly for a libation in Wrigleyville, come to Lange’s for some reasonably priced beer & great company. No food here, but they welcome you to bring some pizza from D’Agostino’s as long as you give them a slice. First come, first serve.
- Ella Elli – For a more discerning evening, stop at Ella Elli for a lovely dinner & intricate cocktails. With an outdoor patio, this is definitely the perfect girls night out or date night spot. Reservations accepted & encouraged.
- Music Box Theater – Music Box Theater has been a staple of the Southport Corridor since 1929. Staying true to its original architecture & design, this charming theater provides an experience unlike any other. Showing primarily independent & foreign films, my favorite time to visit is during the Holidays for the Christmas Sing-a-long. Plus there’s a bar in the theater, so that’s always fun.
If you’ve been to Southport Corridor, tell me your favorite spots!